Friday, October 29, 2010

Swapsies!

At some point in the distant past I started giving Elspeth juice in bottles she could drink from herself - that is to say, I no longer have to sit down, hold her, and hold the bottle, she drinks all by herself while wandering around. Now naturally she can't do this with a dummy in her mouth, so if she has one, I ask her for it before I give her the juice.
From this, she has gotten the impression that she can't have juice without giving me something first - swapping something! So every time I offer her the bottle, if she isn't sucking on a dummy, she goes to find something to give to me before she takes it!

1 comment:

  1. That is just so gorgeous Stace. And, I used to do something similar with Tom, he is the only one who took to a dummy. In the end, he only ever had the dummy when he went to bed to sleep, unless he was un well. He sat the dummy next to his bear and told the bear to mind it for the day.

    ReplyDelete