Tuesday, January 25, 2011

How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

For the first time tonight, Elspeth has been put to bed without dinner. She has lately taken to refusing to eat her main course, secure in the knowledge that she will be given yummy dessert later anyway - I have done this in order to make her sleep through the night and not wake up hungry. However, that stops tonight. No more fussiness, no more games. If she doesn't eat dinner, she doesn't get dessert, and she goes hungry. It is a hard line to take, but I hope it will get her into good habits nice and early and discourage fussy eating. I do not have the patience for it, and I will not continue to offer her multiple meals or courses every night in the hope that she will eventually eat one. Do you hear my foot coming down? The foot is down. I have put my foot down.

No comments:

Post a Comment