Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Something Fishy

For a little while now I've been feeling somewhat bored with my home-based existence, and occasionally I come up with a gem of an idea to get me (and sometimes Ellie too) out of the house. Today's brilliant idea was the Melbourne Aquarium.

I really like the Aquarium. I like fish. I find the place, usually, soothing and calming.

But I forgot it's school holidays. The place was busy! I mean, totally crazy busy. The press and crush of the crowds meant that I didn't see very much, and poor little Elspeth saw even less. There was also an entire area (the whole upper floor) that we couldn't get to - we were turned away from the elevator, and the ramp was too crowded with people coming down for us to to get up.

However, we did get to see the sharks, and the "Oceanarium" was at least large enough that I felt comfortable stopping for a few minutes and letting Elspeth have a run around.

So, all in all, as much as I love the Aquarium, I would not go there again during school holidays. I might go again in a few weeks and we can just relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment